Saturday, February 25, 2012

What Have I Been Missing Out On???

So one of my brilliant friends/SIL, who happens to be mother to five children (my heeeeeeero!) was listening to me complain whine passionately share about how difficult it is to get things done around the house most days. And how I am always having to stop mid-project to help a toddler, feed a baby, etc. 


Well, my SIL was quick to offer advice. 


"How is Max helping? He is almost 4. He can share in the jobs. He can absolutely feed a baby. In fact, this will make him feel good! Like he is your helper and a capable little boy. Get to it!"


Right. Why didn't I think of that? 


So, you guessed it. What did the next feeding look like?




I feel like I just won the lottery! I have an uninterrupted 20 minutes to get the laundry folded, or dishwasher emptied, or dinner made (really, its amazing what a mom can do with 20 uninterrupted minutes....). 


Dear Maximus,


You are such an amazing big brother. We are so very proud of you! You transitioned from life as an only child to life that includes a sibling with ease. You are really so helpful - from collecting empty bottles to throwing away dirty diapers, you love to lend a hand. And it warms our hearts to watch you interact and play with your sister. No one can make her laugh like you do! Charley is so blessed to call you big brother! 


We love you!
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: