Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Beginning



Bahamas
March 2007










[Our wedding day was August 12, 2000]

Sam and I have had a pretty amazing marriage. We love each other with great intensity. We are each others biggest fans in life. We believe in one another. We support one another. We are the best of friends.

It would be great if I could say life has been bliss. That things turned out exactly how we had hoped. But I would be lying to you.

The last few years (about four to be exact) have been "the best of times and the worst of times."

It amazes me that even while going through trials, God can give you life's best. Sam and I have had the opportunity to do things we had only dreamed of. Travel has become one of our passions. From the West Coast to the Caribbean we have spent unforgettable vacations with friends, family and each other. We have been blessed beyond belief with success in business, a beautiful home, health and happiness. The last four years have been some of the best!

The last four years have also been some of the worst. Nobody told us starting a family would be so much work. We have experienced heartache. Grief and loss. Dreams crushed and hopes dashed.

But, let me just interrupt this train of thought to claim, "I judge God faithful." No matter what we go through, I know God had His best in store for us. I know He has an incredible story He wants us to share. I know He will provide a way.

No comments: