Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Answered Prayers

So I called Emily this evening.  With butterflies in my stomach, I picked up the phone and called her. 

All day I kept asking myself, How do you start this conversation?  A simple, "how are you?" seems so inadequate. I know how she is! She is pregnant. She is only 18. She is considering placing her baby for adoption...with us! Again, how do you start this conversation???

So with all the confidence I could muster, I picked up the phone and called Emily.

Within a matter of moments, I knew it was going to be the easiest and most natural conversation. It was like we were old friends catching up. She told me of all the things that had transpired over the past weeks. She shared her heart about wanting Sam and I to raise this baby...this baby BOY!

I stand in awe of God right now.  What an awesome God we serve. Sam and I have prayed for a situation like this.  We have prayed for our birthmom. We have prayed for our family. And He has answered our prayers with a girl named Emily and this precious baby boy she is carrying. 

Tears of joy, let them come!

No comments: