Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Is Our World About to Change?

I received a phone call from our dear friend Yvonne this afternoon. At first I thought she was calling to just check in.  It was much more than that.

She first asked if I was at home and sitting down (my first clue that she was about to drop something big in our laps!).  

She began to share how God had been at work on our behalf.  Emily had made a complete 180 degree change since I saw her in early December. She had broken up with her boyfriend and was convinced adoption would be the best scenario for her baby. 

And to top it off, she was choosing us as the adoptive couple! Choosing us! Choosing us! Words that mean everything when you are hoping to adopt. 

I asked Yvonne if it would be possible for me to talk to Emily. I have so many questions. I want to know what has changed. What prompted her to place this baby. How did she know that Sam and I were planning to adopt? When can we see her? Is this for real?  Please, somebody pinch me.

OK, off for a very restless night sleep!  All for great reason of course!


No comments: