Monday, April 21, 2008

Colorado - Part II

And the story continues.

Sam and I got up early Saturday morning and joined Emily's dad for some prayer time before we went to meet Colton and his mom.  

The Scripture the Lord reminded me of was Joshua 1:5b, "I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you."

Emily's dad got this great grin on his face when I shared the Scripture out loud. He told Sam and me that the day he found out Emily was pregnant, the Lord reminded him of that same Scripture and every day since he has prayed that Scripture over his daughter and Colton. Amazing!

So with renewed strength, we took off to meet Colton and his mom.

We sat down at this quaint little diner and right away Colton pulls out this gift [in a bright green bag with bright green tissue paper]. He handed it to me and told me I could open it. I am sure I was trembling. Right after I pulled the tissue paper out of the bag, I saw something very familiar. The papers! Signed and with a ribbon around them. Of course, the tears started flowing. I was crying. Sam was crying. Emily's dad was crying. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life. This young man literally gave us his son as a gift! Words cannot even describe. 

But wait! I am not done. Colton, a fantastic graphic designer, created a birth announcement saying "It's A Boy!" and on the back "His Name is Maximus." Then, as I dug a little deeper in the bag, I discovered a blue blanket. Colton explained that the blanket was passed down to him and he wanted to pass it down to his son. Absolutely incredible. 

Once again, God not only met our need, but exceeded every kind of expectation and dream that we had ever envisioned about this moment. Colton gave us his blessing in such an extraordinary way. 

This all happened on April 19th. I know that our baby boy has not yet arrived, but we will always, always celebrate April 19th as a special day in our family.

Thank you Colton. You are already an amazing birthfather and we are so grateful to be on this journey with you!


No comments: