Saturday, March 8, 2008

Come Away My Beloved

One of my favorite devotional books is Come Away My Beloved (if you don't have a copy, you should invest in one). I gave Emily this book at the beginning of our journey together. Over the past few months we have encouraged each other with topics, Scriptures and pages out of this book. Emily asked me to read page 13 today and I felt like I had to add it to the blog.

Resignation

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." 
Matthew 6:33

Incline your heart to Me, and attune your ear to My voice. For I would speak to you, and I have an urgent message to give you.

Do not set out to establish your own designs. I have already set in motion My divine will and purpose, and I would not have you interfere. I am jealous of My children: They are Mine, and you shall not intrude in any way to hinder My plans from working out. Yes, you may do many things, but only that which I direct you to do can have My blessing.

Resign all into My hands - your loved ones as well as your own self. Be obedient to the still small voice. Your own imaginings may speak more loudly, but wait upon Me always. You will see the wisdom in this in due time. Fret not about carnal things, but concern yourself first and always with spiritual values. Truly, My promise is still: "Seek first the Kingdom of God ,and all the other needful things will be added to you."

Resigning ourselves to God and His perfect plan is much easier said than done. Putting aside our own agendas, hopes and dreams and surrendering ALL to Him. That is so incredibly hard. Worthwhile and rewarding? Absolutely. But also costly and takes great sacrifice in the process.

Thank you Emily for recognizing God's hand at work.  In your life and in the life of this precious baby boy. Your reward is great for the sacrifice you are making!

No comments: