Friday, May 29, 2009

Pardon Me?

Just a quick and funny little story I wanted to share with all of you.

Maximus and I were riding in the car yesterday. I was feeling extra gushy towards the little man and was reveling in the fact that I am now a mom. We had just left his little gym class [one of my weekly highlights with Max] and I started gushing love all over the little guy. If you were a fly inside the car, it would have sounded something like this:

"Max, I love you. Love you, Love you, Love you. I love being your mommy. Did you know that? I. LOVE. BEING. YOUR. MOMMY. Nothing makes me happier, little buddy. I love you SO VERY much. I love you, I love you, I love you. LOVE being your mama. Love it! Love you!" [and so on and so on for a gooooood 5 minutes]

I think you get the point. GUSHING LOVE all over my little man.

As I was talking, Mister just kept giving me this blank stare. As if to say, "I hear you, but you are a bit off your rocker mommy." 

After all the gushing was coming to a close, Max gives me one more look, and then flings his head to look out the window and says one word: 

DADA.  

Pardon Me?

Was I not just gushing love all over you? And little man gives me the cold shoulder and says, "DADA."

Go figure, right?

[Footnote: I must make mention that Max is VERY good at saying "Mama" and "Mommy". In fact, he now follows me around the house all day saying my name. So he could have easily melted my heart by saying "Mama". Instead? Daddy got the love!]




3 comments:

Giving Love Encounters said...

I loved reading this story almost as much as I loved hearing you tell it yesterday. And I laughed almost as hard!!

Classic Mister. You're awesome buddy. We know you love your momma which makes this story all the funnier!

xo

The4Scotts said...

oh Jen. I hate to laugh, but you wouldn't expect anything less right? LOL So hilarious!

Becky said...

This story just doesn't get old! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall!