Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Step of Faith

Sam and I are making another trip to Tennessee to spend time with Emily. We are excited for the trip, but it is a huge step of faith since it seems we have taken a few steps backwards these last couple of weeks. 

We still do not have Colton's blessing. Sam has started communicating with him through emails so they can get to know each other, however he hasn't made huge strides regarding the adoption. The guys get along great and they have loads in common, however Colton is still preparing to parent this baby boy.

This is where the faith part comes into action. We know what God has told us about this baby. We know He has a destiny planned for baby boy, for Emily and for us. So, we will continue to walk by faith and not by sight.  

I received this email today from my girlfriend Joy (she is aware of the adoption):

Here is a slightly abbreviated version of Psalm 27 (with take-home points in bold):

The Lord is the light of my salvation - whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Even if the Enemy comes against me to destroy me he will fail. I will be confident even when he wages war against me. 

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek - that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and seek Him in His temple.

For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high on a rock.

Then my head will be lifted above the Enemy who surrounded me and in the Lord's temple I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful and answer me. 

My heart says of you, "Seek His face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.

Do not hide your face from me, do not turn me away - you are my helper.

Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in the straight path because of my oppressors. 

Do not turn me over to the desire of my foe.

I am confident of this: I WILL SEE THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Have a great trip; if God is for you, who can be against you?

Joy


No comments: